READY IN: 35 mins SERVES:6
- 5 eggs
- 1 litre milk
- 140g sugar
- 2 sachets vanilla sugar
- 1 vanilla pod or 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp of saffron threads
- Infuse milk with the saffron threads at least half an hour before cooking. Add sugar and vanilla pod to the milk and bring to the boil. Remove vanilla pod, split and empty into the hot milk.
- Break eggs into a bowl and whisk. Pour boiled milk slowly over the beaten eggs and continue whisking. Pour mixture into an oven proof glass dish or 6 ramekins.
- Put into a cold oven. Cook for 20 mins at 120 C (Gas Mark 2¬3); 10 mins at 180 C (Mark 6) and 5 mins at 210 C (Gas mark 7).