READY IN: 5mins SERVES:4 glasses
- 4 1/2 cups full- fat milk , boiled and cooled
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tbsp of saffron threads
To Be Blended Into A Fine Powder
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 20 whole white peppercorns
- Combine the prepared powder and milk in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer, add the sugar, pepper powder and saffron and mix well.
- Pour equal quantities of the thandai into 4 glasses and serve chilled.